The call for contributions is now open for the 42nd WEDC International Conference: Equitable and Sustainable WASH Services: Future challenges in a rapidly changing world.
The Conference will be held online from 13-15 September 2021.
The conference comprises three days of online presentations and interactive discussions of peer-reviewed content; agency events from international organizations working in the sector; online exhibitions; and the opportunity for delegates to meet and network in virtual rooms.
- Climate change: weather extremes (e.g. floods and droughts) and water resources management, including but not limited to topics related to fundamental understanding, remote sensing, modelling and management strategies
- Integrating disaster risk management into WASH interventions
- Sanitation systems and services e.g. household and peri-urban approaches and faecal sludge management
- Rural water supply e.g. approaches to sustainability and serving the hardest to reach communities and households
- Groundwater resources
- Innovations and advances in biowaste, wastewater treatment and waste to energy technologies e.g. anaerobic digestion, composting, thermochemical processing, resource recovery and circular economy concepts; and end-use applications
- Urban water management
- Institutional development and programme management
- Data analytics, machine learning/AI applications in WASH
Call for contributions: http://wedc.lu/42-call-for-contributions